Alpaca fleece is considered as one of the world’s finest, softest and high-quality fibres. Woolcomfort has come up with a proven and reliable process of combining these fibres to produce the Woolcomfort Alpaca Quilt. Its filling is made of 100% pure Australian puffy wool and alpaca fleece and is wrapped in a fine Egyptian cotton sateen fabric. The resulting product is an alpaca quilt that’s amazingly soft and balanced with breathability and warmth – which provides the best bedding experience anyone can have.
Alpaca fleece is a natural fibre that’s collected from an alpaca. The fibres have fine, soft, sturdy, comfy and silky properties. Alpaca fleece is not prickly and is hypoallergenic as it doesn’t contain lanolin.
Alpaca fleece, once harvested, can be made into different products – from simple and economical garments made and used by local communities to classy, industrially made and luxurious products including quilts.
Advantages of Alpaca Quilt
Alpaca fleece is greatly valued because of its outstanding qualities, which make it excellent for beddings that’s unmatched by any fibres.
- It's basically the warmest all-weather friendly fibre. The fibres from alpaca contain microscopic air pockets, which provides great breathability, thus keeping your body cool during summer.
- The microscopic air pockets also aid in reducing the weight of the fibres, making them light as air.
- Alpaca fibres are fine, light and silky. Even with the mentioned properties, the fibres are extremely sturdy and durable. With proper care, Alpaca apparels and products can last for several years and an heirloom for the next generations.
- Alpaca fibres are soft, less prickly and irritating to the skin.
- The fibres are also naturally hypoallergenic since it doesn’t contain dander and lanolin that cause an allergic reaction to the skin in some individuals.
- The alpaca fibres don’t hold dust and are lanolin-free.
- The fibres can resist acquired odours.
- Alpaca fibres are washable.
The filling consists of 100% “Soft Gold™” Alpaca wool and is encased in a specially designed Luxor Cotton™ fabric to create a quilt that is at the pinnacle of comfort, softness and warmth.
Woolcomfort started with the aim of becoming Australia’s leading producer of premium wool bedding products.
It is a 100% Australian owned and operated business with the highest levels of production standards and quality control. All of their wool quilts and alpaca quilts are made in Australia with 100% Australian Merino wool.
Their wool quilt factory is located in 193-197 Cumberland Highway, Smithfield NSW 2164. Their wool quilts are manufactured in Sydney locally, supporting Australia local wool farmers.